October 20, 2020
Saratoga: Congresswoman Elise Stefanik has earned historic support from law enforcement associations this election cycle, including every state and local NY21 law enforcement association, as well as our Federal Border Patrol Officers and our Customs and Border Protection officers. Taxin’ Tedra Cobb has earned zero endorsements from any law enforcement organizations due to her support and record of defunding the police.
Stefanik has been endorsed by:
- International Union of Police Associations
- New York State Police Investigators Association
- New York State Law Enforcement Officers Union, Council 82
- Police Benevolent Association of the New York State Troopers
- National Border Patrol Council
- Police Conference of New York
- National Treasury Employees Union, representing border agents and federal law enforcement
- Police Benevolent Association of New York State
- New York State Fraternal Order of Police
“I’m incredibly proud to have earned the endorsement of every state and local law enforcement association for my re-election to Congress,” said Stefanik. “Law enforcement officers across the North Country know that I am the only candidate in the race who opposes defunding the police and stands up for the rights of law enforcement. This is a stark contrast between my opponent and me: not only is Taxin’ Tedra Cobb on record supporting Pelosi’s legislation to defund the police, she already voted to eliminate a deputy sheriff’s position in St. Lawrence County when she was a member of the County legislature. I’m grateful to these law enforcement associations and all of our North Country police officers who bravely serve and protect our communities. I will always Back the Blue!”
TAXIN’ TEDRA’S ANTI-POLICE RECORD
- Taxin’ Tedra spent years trying to defund the highway patrol in St. Lawrence County.
- Taxin’ Tedra voted to defund the police by eliminating a deputy sheriff’s position in St. Lawrence County. (Elizabeth Graham, “Legislators Cut Deputy From Sheriff’s Patrol,” The Journal, 11/4/08)
- Taxin’ Tedra is on record supporting Pelosi’s anti-police bill that defunds the police.
- Taxin’ Tedra is on record saying she supports $0 for border security.
- Taxin’ Tedra smeared our National Guard and law enforcement in a campaign ad, saying “America deserves better.”
PAID FOR BY ELISE FOR CONGRESS